Updated Wed, June 12, 2013
| June 12, 2013
Mark Your Calendar!
*** FRIDAY, JUNE 28, 2013 ***
*** MathXL NEW FEATURES RELEASE ***
Estimated downtime: Friday, June 28, 5:30 AM EDT to 12:30 PM EDT
(The actual downtime may be shorter.)
Please do not schedule any digits tests, homework, practice or other assignments during this time. These features of your course will be temporarily unavailable during the upgrade. digits lesson content, your gradebook, and all other features will still be available. We apologize for any inconvenience.
| April 11, 2013
|digits - grade 6 Retirement Issue
We would like to apologize for the issue many of you experienced on the morning of April 10th, where the digits - grade 6 product temporarily appeared as "Retired" on your home screen and prevented you from assigning or customizing its contents.
We are happy to report that this issue was resolved and you should no longer experience any problems related to the digits - grade 6 product and any classes you had associated with it. However, we are aware that during the time period when this issue occurred, there were some teachers who added another version of digits - grade 6, which we have now renamed as "digits – grade 6 DO NOT USE”.
If you did add this product, please follow these steps to remove it from your account.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
| April 2, 2013
|SuccessNet Plus v3.1 Now Available
The SuccessNet Plus platform successfully completed a scheduled release at 5:00 a.m. E.T. on Sunday, March 31, 2013. All work was completed as planned. The 3.1 release includes numerous enhancements and updated browser and operating system support. Highlights include:
For complete details on these and other improvements, please see the SuccessNet Plus v3.1 Features Summary.
- ACCESSIBILITY IMPROVEMENTS: Students with visual impairment are able to navigate through the platform, open content, launch and submit assignments, and view their grades more easily using a Screen Reader.
- GRADEBOOK IMPROVEMENTS: The ability to Search and Filter within the Gradebook has been greatly improved to simplify the experience of finding users and assignments.
- ADMINISTRATOR IMPROVEMENTS: Admins may now mark a course/class for deletion. Courses will be in a soft delete state for 30 days and can be reinstated by clicking “Unmark for Deletion”, rather than having to call support to reinstate a class that was accidentally deleted.
- Browser support has been added for Internet Explorer 10 (desktop version only) and Safari 6.
- Operating System support has been added for Windows 8 and Macintosh OS 10.7 & 10.8.2.
NOTE: It is a best practice to clear your Internet browser cache after any new release is deployed. Look for your browser’s Internet options to clear or delete cached files.
| March 25, 2013
|New Features on myMathUniverse.com
Dear teachers: Coming this week, students will be able to create VJ (video jockey) avatars on MyMathUniverse.com. Using their VJ avatars, students can create playlists of their favorite MMU games and videos. They can also check out playlists other VJs make public. Adding content to their own playlists as well as "liking" other playlists earns VJ points. The purpose of MMU's optional VJ function is to provide an additional avenue to encourage students to engage with the math edutainment content on MMU.
In the future, students will be able to use VJ points to upgrade to enhanced VJ functionalities. For now, if you choose to engage with the VJ function in your math classroom, you may consider assigning extra credit for kids who collect the most VJ points, or use VJ points in other fashions as you see fit.
| February 13, 2013
|Past Due Assignment Grading Issue
Keep in mind that as any past due items are properly graded, you may see significant changes in student and class averages once the fix is implemented. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- ISSUE: It has come to our attention that a system error has been preventing some past due student assignments from being graded. If a student does not submit an assignment before the due date passes, the grade should automatically be updated to a “0”. Currently, the system is not processing all past-due assignments and therefore many grades that should display a “0” are still listed as “- -“ in the gradebook.
- RESOLUTION: An update fixing this issue will occur this weekend, February 16-17th, on a rolling basis. There will be no system downtime, and you may continue to access digits as per usual.
- WHAT to EXPECT: You may see corrected grades at any time over the weekend as updates to your account is processed. This means that any assignments that were not completed before the stated due date will be updated to reflect a “0” score. This image shows how the affected grades currently appear and what their grade will look like once the fix is complete.
| January 2, 2013
|Announcing SuccessNet Plus v3.0
Pearson SuccessNet Plus successfully completed a scheduled software release on Saturday December 22, 2012. The upgrade features a brand new design and interface for improved usability.
- Smart and friendly navigation. Improved usability takes cues from popular websites.
- Streamlined experience. Direct access to what you are looking for.
- Immediately view – and respond to – what’s happening in your classes.
Use these resources to learn more:
| November 15, 2012
|Tech Support Update
We are now offering Sunday phone support. Sunday hours are 4pm-8pm ET.
We are also open 8am-10pm ET Monday through Friday - two hours longer than previously.
We are piloting these extended hours for a period of three months. The objective is to capture data around volume of calls and staffing needs. This information will be used to determine whether extended support hours will be a permanent fixture in 2013 and beyond.
To reach Tech Support:
| August 21, 2012
|“Save for Later” Preference in MathXL Tests
We have now made it possible for each teacher to determine whether they want their tests to use the “Save for Later” button or to allow forward/backward navigation. The default preference is for the “Save for Later” button to be present. If you prefer allowing forward/backward navigation or you were previously using the tests in the “Tests with Forward/Backward Navigation” folder (which has been removed), please follow these steps to change the default preference for each of your classes:
- Go to Pearson Content and locate the test you’d like to assign.
- Choose “Customize Content” from the drop down.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- Scroll down to the preference that says “Allow students to leave the assessment and return later to finish unanswered questions” and uncheck the box.
- Click “Save and Return”.
- Be sure to navigate to Custom Content and assign the test you saved from there.
| August 14, 2012
|Common Core Video for Parents posted on MyMathUniverse.com
A digits video for parents has been posted to the About MyMathUniverse channel on MyMathUniverse.com. This video provides an overview of the digits program and explains what parents can expect from learning with a Common Core curriculum. Teachers can direct parents here to learn more about digits.
| July 26, 2012
|Shortened Topic Tests
Based on user feedback, we have shortened many of the Topic Tests while maintaining coverage of all of the standards in the topic. Teachers are still able to modify tests by adding a favorite question or further shortening the test.
| May 24, 2012
|Need a SuccessNet Plus refresher for next school year?
Register now for FREE online webinars to help you ease back to using SuccessNet Plus (or to give you a head start). Click here for this summer’s webinar training schedule for SuccessNet Plus!
| May 22, 2012
|Need help Closing Classes for the school year?
The end of the school year is near and you may want to clean up your classes on SuccessNet Plus before leaving for the summer. Watch our helpful video tutorial, or download the print how-to guide, showing how to close your classes and release student licenses on the roster. Then you'll be ready for a fresh start next year!
Watch the video tutorial.
Download the how-to guide.
| April 25, 2012
|"Math Doesn't Suck" Extra Credit Assignment Answer Keys
Named for her first book, Danica McKellar's "Math Doesn't Suck" channel on myMathUniverse features videos to help students with homework and confidence-building, and brain-strengthening math problems that can be downloaded -- and in some cases, submitted for extra credit.
Answer keys to the optional extra credit assignments are posted in the Downloads section of digits' Community Connections. Check page 79 of your Program Overview Guide for username and password access, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To learn more about Danica McKellar, click here: www.DanicaMcKellar.com
| December 7, 2011
|Extra copies of Student Homework Assignments CD
If you need additional Student Homework Assignments CDs, please contact Customer Service and use code DHWCD to order a few extra copies at no charge.
To contact Customer Service:
Call 1-800-848-9500 or Email K12CS@custhelp.com